Creamy Vegetarian Spinach Enchiladas




Makes 4 servings

Ingredients:
1 10-ounce package frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
1 cup frozen corn, thawed
6 ounces of Cheddar, grated (1 1/2 cups)
1 4.5-ounce cans chopped green chilies
1/2 cup heavy cream
1/2 cup sour cream
kosher salt and black pepper
8 6-inch corn tortillas, warmed
1/4 small red cabbage, thinly sliced (about 4 cups)
2 scallions, thinly sliced
1/4 cup pepitas (roasted hulled pumpkin seeds)
2 tablespoons of olive oil
2 tablespoons of fresh lime juice
(shredded chicken can be added for meat lovers!)

Directions
1.  Preheat oven to 400° F.

2.  In a medium bowl, mix together the spinach, corn, 1 cup of the Cheddar, and 1 can of the chilies, (chicken if desired).  In a small bowl, stir together the cream, the remaining can of chilies, ¾ teaspoon salt, and ¼ teaspoon pepper.

3. Dividing evenly, roll up the spinach mixture in the warm tortillas (about ⅓ cup per tortilla). Place seam-side down in a shallow baking dish. Top with the cream sauce and the remaining ½ cup of Cheddar. Cover with foil and bake until bubbling, 15 to 20 minutes. Uncover and bake until golden, 10 to 15 minutes more.

4. In a large bowl, toss the cabbage and scallions with the pepitas, oil, lime juice, and ¼ teaspoon each salt and pepper. Serve with the enchiladas and enjoy

1 comment:

  1. Hi !
    This looks like a recipe I will have to try. I love Mexican Food.
    I just started my own blog ( Sept. 12th ) on blogger, and I am very happy I found your blog on foodblogroll.
    I haven't found it easy to find other food blogs on blogger and was beginning to wonder if I was the only one LOL.
    I look forward to exploringyor blog more fully .
    Thanks Roy

    http://weallgottoeat.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete